Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Robin Hood Review

I was disappointed when I never made it to see Robin Hood in theaters. The trailers had got me very excited about the movie but I never got a chance to actually go see it. Therefor when I saw Robin Hood playing on The Movie Network On Demand I leaped on the opportunity. I'm now glad I didn't waste my 11 dollars to see this piece of garbage at the theater.

OK, maybe it wasn't THAT bad. I probably would have enjoyed it more in theater. I doubt I'm the only one that was led to believe (by the trailer) that the movie was 2 hours of exciting action and battles. What  was delivered was 5 minutes of action, followed by almost two hours of chatting and discussions that seemed draaaaaaaawn out and completely irrelevant to the plot of the film. The battle outside the french castle and the final battle are both well done with good effects and cinematography. The costumes were well made and realistic-looking and visual effects were done well . This would have easily been a 4+ star movie if it wasn't for the drawn out, boring main body of the film.

For all the well-recognized actors they got, the acting was mediocre at best. Even the usually exciting actor Russel Crowe seemed stony and robotic in his lead role as Robin Hood. Maybe its just because of a poorly written script or maybe Russel Crowe was just bored because he didn't realize that he would spend 2 hours in plain chatting and "parties" that seemed more like funerals when he took the role of Robin Hood, the badass of Sherwood Forest.

Robin (your cash) Hood gets 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment